Watauga home destroyed in fire
by Allison Haver
A mobile home
near Beech Mountain was destroyed in a fire on Saturday morning.
The fire was reported around 10:15 a.m. sending responders to 3212 Kellersville Road in Banner Elk.
According to Paul Buchanan with the Watauga County Fire Marshal's office, the cause of the fire was due to a malfunction in the furnace.
explosions but were from several gas grill tanks stored on the deck," Buchanan
"The occupant was also a handyman and had some air compressors, which
pressurized and released," he said.
The American Red Cross helped one occupant of the residence for injuries sustained from the incident, Buchanan said.
Beaver Dam Fire and Fall Creek Fire responded along with the Watauga County Fire Marshal's office and Watauga Medics.