Coupon Codes For Online Shopping
Coupon Codes For Online Shopping

Mostly Cloudy
7-Day Forecast

Get Breaking News

Receive special offers from
Originally published: 2014-04-09 10:47:31
Last modified: 2014-04-09 10:48:16

Neon lighting the cause of Troy's Diner fire

by Allison Haver

Boone Fire responded and controlled the scene of a fire at Troy's Diner on N.C. 105 in Boone.

The call came in just after 6:10 a.m. Wednesday from an employee inside, who said the restaurant was filling with smoke. 

After arriving on the scene, Boone Fire units found flames coming from the roof of the building, according to Boone Fire Marshal Ronnie Marsh.

The ten firemen who responded on the scene had the fire under control in 19 to 20 minutes while Boone Police officers blocked one lane of N.C. 105.

The neon lighting distribution center was the cause behind the fire according to Marsh.
No injuries were reported in the incident and Marsh said that Boone Fire estimated $12,000 to $15,000 worth of damages to the restaurant.

RWM Construction have been contracted to restore damages the diner sustained from the incident.