King Street nominated for "People's Choice" in the "Great Main Streets"
by Staff Reports
North Carolina residents have spoken and pitched their favorite Main Streets and Public Places to the North Carolina Chapter of the American Planning Association.
Main Streets and Public Places were nominated by the public through the "People's Choice" campaign launched last month. A panel of nine expert judges has narrowed that list down and is now turning the voting over to the residents of North Carolina.
Beginning today, residents can vote online for their top picks for Great Main Streets and Great Public Spaces by going to http://www.greatplacesnc.org.
Once there, they will find information on how to vote for the "People's Choice" in North Carolina. This online voting will end on May 9. The finalist with the most votes in each category will be recognized as the "People's Choice."
Choices for the "People's Choice" in the "Great Main Streets" category are:
- Main Street; Benson, NC - Johnson County
- E. & W. Union Street; Morganton, NC - Burke County
- King Street; Boone, NC - Watauga County
- Main; Mooresville, NC - Iredell County
- North Davidson Street; Charlotte, NC - Mecklenburg County
The "People's Choice" options for "Great Public Places" are:
- Downtown Waterfront Boardwalk; Manteo, NC - Dare County
- Town Common; Tarboro, NC - Edgecombe County
- Town Square; Burnsville, NC - Yancey County