Firefighters respond to Papa John's
by Kellen Moore
Capt. Mike Teague of the Boone Fire Department said moderate smoke was rising from the roof of the building on N.C. 105 Extension when firefighters arrived shortly after the 11:09 a.m. call.
The fire had extended from the ducts into the structure, but firefighters were able to douse the fire within seven minutes, Teague said.
Smoke also entered other areas of the building, which houses the Audio Vision electronics store and an apartment.
Teague said the fire caused roughly $25,000 in damage to the structure and about $15,000 in damage to the building contents.
It's not clear how long Papa John's may have to close for repairs.