Fire destroys mobile home
by Kellen Moore
Assistant Fire Marshal Paul Buchanan said he believed an electrical malfunction with a box fan inside the home was to blame for the 7 a.m. fire on Memory Tree Lane, located off Laurel Creek Road.
Buchanan said the resident stepped out of the shower Wednesday morning to the sight of flames and quickly exited the 1973-model mobile home. The trailer did not have smoke detectors, he said.
Red Cross representatives were assisting the tenant, Michael Galgano, who was renting the home.
The fire gutted the entire structure and left it very unstable — at least two responders fell through the floor, Buchanan said.
Bobby Harmon, the owner of the mobile home who lives nearby, had a surprisingly positive outlook on the situation. He joked that at least he wouldn't have to make any more repairs to the aging building.