Flapjack Flip fundraiser set for Saturday
by Kellen Moore
The Watauga Education Foundation’s Flapjack Flip returns Friday with delicious pancakes, a holiday market and a visit from Santa.
Held from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. Dec. 1 at Watauga High School, the annual Flapjack Flip raises money for the education foundation, which assists teachers and classrooms in Watauga County Schools. Tickets are $5.
The pancakes, coffee, milk and juice at this year’s event will be provided by High Country Local First, a nonprofit that supports local, independent businesses and farmers through education, promotion and networking.
Guests can explore a holiday market from the Boone Service League that will feature jewelry, handmade bags, pillows, Christmas wreaths and trees, and more.
The Watauga Education Foundation also will hold a raffle drawing at 10:30 a.m. for five raffle packages. Raffle tickets are $20.
The raffle baskets include:
• Go Apps!: Two 2013 season passes for ASU football and four 2013-14 season tickets for ASU basketball
• MerleFest: Two four-day passes to MerleFest 2013 ($560 value)
• Disney: Four, one-day park-hopper tickets ($496 value)
• Dining Out: $40 Canyons, $40 Red Onion, $50 Vidalia, $40 Bistro Roca, dinner for two at Dan’l Boone Inn, $40 Storie Street Grill, $40 The Gamekeeper, $100 Mellow Mushroom, one-night stay and $50 for dinner at The Inn at Ragged Gardens and The Best Cellar
• Adventure: Magic Cycles bicycle tune-up, PING Nanotech putter from Elk River, golf for four at Blowing Rock Country Club, golf for four at Hound Ears Club, golf for four at Linville Ridge, golf for four at Boone Golf Club (Monday-Thursday), $25 Mast General Store gift card, Appalachian Ski Mountain apparel and Farmer’s Ski Shop apparel.
For more information or to purchase raffle tickets in advance, visit wataugaeducationfoundation.org.